Set up columns
Release Date: 03-19-12
To set up a column follow these steps:
(1) If you want to turn the whole document into the multi-column layout, place the insertion point anywhere in the entire document. If you want only part of the document to be presented in the multi-column layout, please select the appropriate text, as shown below:
Figure 3.1—4 Select the text
(2) Go to the Page Setup section of the Page Layout tab, select the number of columns you want from the Columns drop-down list.
(3) If you want to set more columns, select the More Columns option from the Columns drop-down list. This will open the Columns dialog box, shown as follows:
Figure 3.1—5 The Columns dialog box
(4) Select the format that you want from the Present section. For example, click Two.
(5) In the Apply drop-down list box, specify the scope of the application as either Whole Document or from This point Forward.
(6) If you want to establish a line between the two columns, select the Line Between check box.
(7) In the Width and spacing section, enter the values you want for the column spacing and width, or click the Equal column width check box.
(8) Click the OK button, the results are shown below：
Figure 3.1—6 Format the text into two columns
Modify an existing column
(1) Move the insertion point to the column you wish to modify.
(2) Go to the Page Setup section of the Page Layout tab,, select the More Columns option from the Columns drop-down list. This will open the Columns dialog box.
(3) Select the format that you want to use from the Preset section.
(4) To change a column width or the spacing of the columns, go to the Width and Spacing box and enter the appropriate width and spacing values.
(5) Click the OK button to complete.
Cancel the column layout
To cancel the column layout, the steps are as follows:
(1) Select text that you want to change from the multi-column to single column format, or simply place the insertion point in the section that you desire to change.
(2) Go to the Page Setup section of the Page Layout tab, select the More Columns option from the Columns drop-down list. This opens the Columns dialog box.
(3) In the Preset group, select One.
(4) Click OK to complete.
OFFICE FOR WINDOWSWPS Office 2016
WPS Office 2016 Business
Multi Language Office Suite
Kingsoft Data Recovery
WPS PDF to Word
OFFICE FOR ANDROIDFree Office Suite for Android
Free Office Reader for Android
Android Office Application International
Android Office User Manual
Download ExpressWPS Office 2016 Business
WPS Office 2016 Free
WPS Office 2016 Beta
Office Suite for Android newest