Merge or Split Cells in a Table
Release Date: 03-19-12
Knowing how to join or split table cells can come in handy when you are working with a table. You can join two or more adjacent cells into one cell, and you can also split a cell that has been joint.
(1) Select the cells that you want to join into one cell.
(2) In the Table Tools section, in the Merge group, click the Merge Cells button to combine the selected cells.
(1) Select the cell that you want to split into multiple cells.
(2) In the Table Tools section, in the Merge group, click the Split Cells button, and open the Split Cells dialog box.
Figure 2.3—16 The Split Cells dialog dox
(3) Enter the number of columns or rows that you want to split into the Number of columns and Number of rows sections.
(4) If you select several cells, you can choose the Join cells before split check box to merge cells before the split.
(5) Click OK to complete.
Kingsoft Writer provides a table splitting function, there are two ways to use it:
1. Split tables through command:
You can split tables via command in the Table Tools tab:
(1) Place the insertion point in the cell that you want to split, go to the Table Tools tab.
(2) In the Table Tools tab, in the Merge section, select Split Table by Row or Split Table by Column from the Split Table drop-down list.
(3) Place the cursor between the two lines on the border that you want to split, show bright state, click the border can be split table.
2. Split tables using the right-click menu:
The steps to splitting tables are as follows:
(1) Place the insertion point in a cell.
(2) Right_click and select Split Table in the opened shortcut menu. Choose Split Table by Row or Split Table by Column based on your requirements.
Tips: To select a certain row in the table, you can select Split Table by Row, to select a certain column in the table, you can choose Split Table by Column.
Figure 2.3—17 Select a row and split the table
OFFICE FOR WINDOWSWPS Office 2016
WPS Office 2016 Business
Multi Language Office Suite
Kingsoft Data Recovery
WPS PDF to Word
OFFICE FOR ANDROIDFree Office Suite for Android
Free Office Reader for Android
Android Office Application International
Android Office User Manual
Download ExpressWPS Office 2016 Business
WPS Office 2016 Free
WPS Office 2016 Beta
Office Suite for Android newest